Surf-Side Tuna Sandwiches
1 pound fresh or frozen tuna steaks
2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
4 6-inch long Italian-style or French-style rolls, halved lengthwise
Sliced hard-cooked eggs, dill pickle slices, tomato slices (optional)
Sprigs of fresh dillweed (optional)
- Thaw tuna, if frozen. Brush tuna generously with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover; chill 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl combine the 1 tablespoon lemon juice with 2 cups water. Add onions and allow to soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
- Remove tuna from refrigerator. Place tuna on the greased rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, turning once. Break into chunks with two forks.
- In a small bowl stir together mayonnaise, relish, lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garlic, and mustard.
- In a medium bowl toss tuna with mayonnaise mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture onto bottoms of rolls. Top with sliced hard-cooked eggs, dill pickle slices, and/or tomato slices, if desired, and some of the onions. Add a few sprigs of dill. Top with remaining half of the roll. Makes 4 sandwiches.
Blackened Grouper Parmesian1 1/2 lbs. grouper fillets
1 Tablespoon black pepper fresh ground
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon celantro
4 Tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
1/2 cup white vinager
4 Tablespoons parmesian cheese
1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon garlic salt (optional)
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Rice and Asparagus for sidedish (optional)
Rinse chilled fillets and place in marinade dish. Combine melted butter, vinager, salt, pepper, garlic, and celantro, in bowl. Brush butter mixture over both sides of fillets and pour rest in pan and let marinate for 15 minutes. Grill over medium heat only until heated. Turn fillets over and sprinkle paramesian cheese over entire fillets. Grill only a few minutes more. Do Not Over Cook. Fillets should be easy to flake and moist not dry. In a saute pan over medium heat, warm the remaining 1/2 tablespoon (per serving) of butter or oil and brush over the fillets and squeeze on lemon or lime. Serve immediatly with rice and fresh asparagus.
FRIED MULLET4 cups vegetable oil
4 mullet fillets, about 8 ounces each, cut into strips or cubes.
1/4 cup dried potato flakes
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
3 tsp. seafood seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. garlic pepper
1 cup milk
Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer.
Mix dired potato flakes, cornmeal, and flour. Add seafood seasoning, salt, black peeper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Pour this breading mix into a paper bag. Dunk the fish strips in milk, then coat with breading by placing them in a bag and shaking until thoroughly covered. Submerge them in the hot vegetable oil and allow to fry until the breading turns golden. Remove, drain, and allow to cool.
Delicious served with jalapeno hushpuppies and cheese grits.
WHOLLY MACKEREL3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 banana peppers, thinly sliced
1 tomato, thinly sliced
4 Tbl. vegetable oil
4 Spanish mackerel fillets, about 10 ounces each
8 Tbl. dry white wine
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. black pepper
Heat stovetop to 300 degrees. Stir-fry the mushrooms, banana peppers, and tomato in vegetable oil until soft.
Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet, then place the fillets over the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn up the heat and bake for approx. 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Splash about 2 tablespoons of white wine over the fillets every 5 minutes to keep them moist.
Serve as is or over a bed of white rice.
Italian Fish FilletsAn easy Breaded White Fish Recipe.
1 lb. fresh white fish
1/2 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F and lightly spray 15x10x1 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
2. Cut fish into 1/2 inch thick fillets
3. Pour salad dressing and bread crumbs into separate shallow dishes. Dip fish into salad dressing; coat evenly with bread crumbs. Place in sprayed pan.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 4 servings
Serve with Italian mixed vegetables or vegetable soup
Beer Baked Whitefishone 3 to 5 lb. fish gutted and scaled
1 lemon - sliced thin
1 sweet onion - sliced thin
1/4 c. beer
Clean fish, make 3 or 5 large slashes across each side of the fish and rub butter into slashes. Rub cavity with butter, salt, and pepper. Stuff with 1/2 of the lemonslices and oning. Lay out a layer of onion and lemon slices the size of the fish. Place the fish on them. Cover top with the remainder. Seal tightly in foil pouch, leaving a small opening at head. Pour beer into the opening and seal. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 325 F. Serve with rice
BAKED BASSYield: 6 servings
5 lbs. bass filets
1 lg Onion, chopped
1 Bell pepper, chopped
1/2 Stick margarine
2 cn Tomato sauce
1 cn Whole tomatoes
juice of 1 lemon
1 c Cooking wine
1/2 c Green onions
-dash Tabasco sauce
-salt, pepper, garlic
Sprinkle fish with lemon juice and season well, ahead of time, preferably overnight. Wilt onions, and bell pepper in margarine. Add tomato sauce and whole tomatoes and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes in uncovered pot. Add 2 cups cold water and seasoning to taste along with dash of Tabasco. Cook for 25 minutes over medium heat. Add wine and pour mixture over fish you have placed in a baking dish. Bake in 325 degree oven for 40 minutes. Baste several times. Sprinkle with parsley and onion tops and serve, garnishing with slices of lemon.
Add New Content To This Page: